Labels

Monday, November 12, 2012

Building Bridges

I'm so excited because we started our new unit today! We are learning about "building bridges". Thanks to Mrs.Smith and Ms.Williams we were welcomed this morning by beautiful bridges leading into our classroom.
It was a construction zone and the students loved walking over the bridge to enter the classroom. As you can see, we all dressed as construction workers. In my class, we used inferencing to decide what was in my toolbox. I had the students write their guesses on sticky notes and then we got to open the toolbox and see all the tools.

The level and measuring tape were two of their favorite items. After we learned about the tools, I read a book about all the different types of bridges. Then the kids got to design their own bridge. It was a fun day and there's so much more to come so stay tuned!!! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the imagination of the 2nd grade teachers! I can't wait to see what's yet to come!

    ReplyDelete